The Entertainment Industry Foundation is proud of its successful partnership with each of its grantees over the years. EIF national initiatives are aimed at raising public awareness around critical social issues and raising funds to support selected charities. EIF awards grants to organizations selected to accomplish the goals unique to each initiative.
EIF’s monitoring of grants is comprised of three component parts: Pre-grant review and due diligence; on-site review (site visit); and progress reports that include details of the agency’s progress toward the goals and financial accounting.
Pre-grant review includes confirmation of the tax exempt status, review of financial and narrative reports and a check against OFAC and other Federal watch lists. All grantees undergo a thorough review prior to receiving a grant. Each organization is reviewed for:
- Capacity to achieve the proposed grant objectives;
- Organizational effectiveness and leadership
- Sound fiscal management
- Track record of services provided in key areas of need
- Confirmation of tax exempt status as defined in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Compliance with the Internal Revenue Code governing not-for-profit organizations, including the USA Patriot Act
Visits to select agency sites are conducted to confirm details of the program plan. Interim reports are required as a condition of the release of funding, with a final report due upon completion of the grant. Ongoing communication is conducted by EIF to confirm compliance with the terms and intent of the grant.